This meat free frittata packs a punch of satiety even for the hungriest of husband’s! It serves 3-4, and is ideal eaten the next day if you do have some leftover.
5 eggs whisked with a fork.
1tspn coconut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic
Handful of green pitted olives
handful of chopped chestnut mushrooms
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped up
pinch of sea salt
2 rounds of feta cheese, cut into small blocks.
- Heat the coconut oil in the a saucepan and gently fry the onions and garlic.
- Add the peppers and soften for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and let these cook down before pouring in the egg mixture.
- Evenly distribute the feta and olives over the top and let this cook for 5 minutes. In the meantime, turn on the grill.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and place under the grill for a few minutes, keeping your eye on the top, and remove when the top of the frittata is golden brown.
- Sprinkle with plenty of the mixed seeds and serve with a mixed salad and a good drizzle of olive oil and zqueeze of lemon juice.