Why not try some new recipes in the run up to Christmas? It’s the perfect opportunity to ring in some changes! We are in Summer time so this one lends itself to the time of year in Cape Town, but there is no need to restrict exploring new tastes and recipes just for the sunshine! This warm bowl of flavour & goodness will work a treat on a chilly Winter night wrapped up by the fire with a good book;)
1 thumb fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic
1 red chilli
1 red onion
1 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp Keralan curry paste
2 x 400g tins coconut milk
1 red pepper
200g frozen edamame beans
1 lime, juice and zest
2 tbsp fish sauce
200g green beans
150g cooked prawns
1 tbsp cornflour
1. Peel and matchstick the ginger, and crush the garlic with the back of a knife before chopping finely. Finely chop the chilli and the onion.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and add the ginger, garlic, chilli and red onion. Sauté together for 2-3 mins until soft, before stirring in the curry paste.
3. Cook for a further few mins, stirring well, before adding in the coconut milk. Simmer on a medium heat for 15 mins.
4. Julienne the carrot and courgette and slice the pepper. Add to the pan with the edamame beans. Mix together well and cook for a further 10 mins until the sauce thickens.
5. Juice and zest the lime and add to the pan with the fish sauce, then add the green beans. Let it cook for a further 5 mins, before adding in the prawns for a further 5 mins.
6. If required, in a small bowl add 1 tbsp cornflour to 2 tbsps of the sauce from the pan. Mix well before adding back to the saucepan to thicken it up a little further.
7. Serve with 3 tbsp of cooked quinoa or a large helping of cauliflower rice.